Friday 20 September 2013

Victories Come In Different Sizes

People call me the PG Heisenberg. I am the one who politely rings the doorbell. *BREAKING BAD THEME FADES INTO BACKGROUND*

I have now officially utilized that Breaking Bad joke on every internet related thing I have. Feel proud of me, folks. It's a small victory.

Victories come in different sizes.

And for me, it's the tiny ones which are the most valuable. The moments in the day which are fleeting and unimportant to everyone else, but make you really happy. For instance; making yourself a damn good cup of coffee. No one gets to taste it, but darn, you know you did good. Or thinking you are running late to something when infact, you are right on time. Small Victories are the stitches between the patchwork of a person, the little pockets of positivity that remind you that the world is not so bad of a place after all. Regardless of how bad things get, Small Victories are a constant. There will always be good cups of coffee and crunchy leaves to stand on. Remember that.

Small victories of today:

A) I just swallowed a Tablet which makes me an Adult with a capital A. Someone congratulate me by bringing me a soft kitten to stroke.

B) I witnessed the school photocopier which can STAPLE  things. Modern day society, everyone.

C) I ate noodles for lunch.

D) I almost hit the end note in Stars from Les Mis (except not really).

No comments:

Post a Comment